Helsinki Animal Law Conference
Theme: The Emergence and Establishment of Animal Law as a Legal Discipline
The conference is aimed at both established and starting scholars whose work relates to animal law. It seeks to explore the dynamic emerging field that is animal law from both an analytical and normative point of view.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- General principles of animal law
- Law on animals in wars and disasters
- Legal reform regarding animal protection and rights
- The future of animal law
- Environmental and ecocentric approaches
- The role of transnational and global animal law
The conference will take place on the 16th and 17th of June in 2023 at the University of Helsinki, Finland. In addition, there will be an opportunity for early-career scholars to present and discuss their topics at a PhD Workshop prior to the conference, on the 15th of June.
Please keep an eye on our newsletter and website for dates regarding the call for abstracts, registration, and announcements of keynote speakers.