The Scholars Committee is charged with the following:
- Share current perspectives on animal law and policy;
- In coordination with the Standards/Science Committee, develop, refine, and maintain “Gold Standards” of research and writing;
- Survey, review, and advise on programs, projects, and commissions to advance academics and scholarship in animal law, animal policy and related interdisciplinary animal studies;
- Assist the Institute staff in monitoring ongoing projects and commissions and provides a peer review component; and
- Contribute to Brooks Institute discussion forums.