The Animals in Research Committee is charged with the following:
- Survey, review, and advise on resource gaps in science, law, public policy, and other empirical or social research and data;
- In coordination with the Standards/Science Committee, develop, refine, and maintain “Gold Standards” of research and writing;
- Design and recommend projects, commissions, and research;
- Assist the Institute staff in monitoring ongoing projects and commissions and provide a peer review component; and
- Contribute to Brooks Institute discussion forums.
Functions of this committee are currently being advanced by the Brooks Institute staff.