About the event
This one-day online conference, held annually since 2015, provides networking and professional development opportunities for prosecutors and allied professionals across Canada. The goal of the conference is to facilitate the sharing of information and resources about animal abuse and the Violence Link in order to ensure that crimes against animals are prosecuted effectively and efficiently.
In order to comply with travel restrictions and keeping attendees’ safety top of mind, Humane Canada™ will be hosting the 2021 conference online.
Learning and networking opportunities
- Specialized training for Crown that reflects current best practices in efficient and effective animal abuse prosecutions.
- A community of Crown dedicated to increasing the number and consistency of successful prosecutions of animal abuse cases under the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Sessions provided for Crown new to prosecuting animal abuse and those who are seasoned experts.
- Increased networking opportunities, including breakout groups.
- Experienced and knowledgeable speakers from your sector.
- Easily connect with over 150 prosecutors right in the conference platform through text or video chat.
- Interact with Crown prosecutors within your region and from across Canada who prosecute animal cruelty cases.
- Access to session recordings (including live ones) for 3 months post event.
- Live, interactive and pre-recorded sessions.
- Increased interaction with speakers though live sessions and Q/A.
- Networking activities and play to win prizes.
The Prosecution of Animal Abuse Conference is a professional event for:
- Crown prosecutors/attorneys
- Allied professionals working in any field involved in prosecuting crimes against animals. These could be: animal enforcement and animal protection officers, the police, SPCAs and Humane Societies, law and policymakers, academics and other members of the prosecutorial community.
More information can be found here.