The Brooks Institute noticed that the animal welfare community appeared to be commonly identifying the need for more research and public policy shifting thinking; more collaboration; and a common strategy.
That is when the Brooks Institute inserted itself into the community to create a collaborative approach to research and policy-making in the animal welfare community.
We endeavor to be the preeminent think tank in the animal welfare community. Comprised of scholars, fellows and influencers, failure for us is not trying something new and innovative. The Institute’s Scholars and Fellows:
- Survey, review, and advise on resource gaps in science, law, public policy, and other empirical or social research and data;
- Develop, refine, and maintain “Gold Standards” of research and writing;
- Design and recommend projects, commissions, and grants.
- Assist the Institute staff in monitoring ongoing commissions and grants and provide a peer review component; and
- As available, moderate and contribute to all relevant Institute discussion forum
The Brooks Institute is dedicated to producing and disseminating outstanding, independent, academic, and public policy research with real-world relevance focused on advancing law and public policy pertaining to animals. In keeping with the highest standards of independent inquiry, the Brooks Institute will never alter its research findings or conclusions to accommodate other interests, including those of funders, other organizations, or government bodies and officials.