The Brooks Institute's analysis of the animal protection community revealed a commonly identified need for more research and public policy shifting thinking; more collaboration; and a commonality strategies.
That is why the Brooks Institute advances a collaborative approach to research and policy-making in the animal protection community.
We endeavor to be the preeminent think tank in the animal protection community. The Institute’s Scholars, Fellows and other Collaborators:
- Survey, review, and advise on resource gaps in science, law, public policy, and other empirical or social research and data;
- Develop, refine, and maintain “Gold Standards” of research and writing;
- Design and recommend projects and commissions.
- Assist the Institute staff in monitoring ongoing projects and provide a peer review component; and
- Contribute to Institute discussion forums.
The Brooks Institute is dedicated to producing and disseminating outstanding, independent, academic, and public policy research and programming; and pursuing projects and initiatives focused on advancing law and policy pertaining to animals. In keeping with the highest standards of independent inquiry, the Brooks Institute will never alter its research findings or conclusions to accommodate other interests, including those of funders, other organizations, or government bodies and officials.